PayPal on Steam platform defines?

• Hello again :)

I've almost got it all working now. I've got one more question.

So I've got Standalone set to "playfab Paypal" which is all working but now I would like to have it login with Steam. So login with steam and pay through paypal. Is this possible as LoginWithSteam() doesn't seem to be available until you switched Standalone to "playfab Steam"? (actually I not sure if that's right either, do you have a tutorial for logging on with Steam)

Something else I found is if I installed the Steamworks SDK and change it to "playfab Steam" I get this error.

Assets\SimpleIAPSystem\Scripts\Extensions\Steam\SteamStore.cs(50,18): error CS0103: The name 'SteamManager' does not exist in the current context

Everything else is working as I'd hope so thank you for making a great plugin :)

• @Baroni

I think I replied to myself. My original message was this:

Hello again :)

I've almost got it all working now. I've got one more question.

So I've got Standalone set to "playfab Paypal" which is all working but now I would like to have it login with Steam. So login with steam and pay through paypal. Is this possible as LoginWithSteam() doesn't seem to be available until you switched Standalone to "playfab Steam"? (actually I not sure if that's right either, do you have a tutorial for logging on with Steam)

Something else I found is if I installed the Steamworks SDK and change it to "playfab Steam" I get this error.

Assets\SimpleIAPSystem\Scripts\Extensions\Steam\SteamStore.cs(50,18): error CS0103: The name 'SteamManager' does not exist in the current context

Everything else is working as I'd hope so thank you for making a great plugin :)

and this message is this.

So I've managed to get it working although it feels a little bit of a hack.

So I've kept Standalone set to "playfab Paypal". I've changed all the PLAYFAB_STEAM into PLAYFAB_PAYPAL in playfabmanager.cs. This allowed the steamlogin to work. Although I still couldn't access it from another script. I decided to not access it from another script and simply have the loginwithemail function just run the LoginWithSteam() function commenting out the loginwithemail stuff. I followed the steps on the guide to setting up steam payment in installing the steamworks stuff. Commented out anything that complained and I seem to having it working now.

As I say it all seems a bit hacky but it seems to be working so that's good. Was there an easier way of doing it?

Regardless the original statement stands, thank you for making a great plugin :)

• Hi again,

forked your question since it is not related to the original thread anymore.

It is correct that a mix of Steam & PayPal is not selectable by default, since App Store providers do not allow third party payment systems in their store. If you are trying to publish on Steam but are offering PayPal payments for in-app purchases, you will have to check whether this is allowed or not (for Google Play & iOS, it is not).

do you have a tutorial for logging on with Steam

We do have a Steam setup guide (you might have found that already) in this section. Steam login happens automatically when launching our UserLogin scene via Steam. It hooks into the SteamManager initialization and forwards that to the PlayfabManager.LoginWithSteam() method.

As I say it all seems a bit hacky but it seems to be working so that's good. Was there an easier way of doing it?

Actually I would have recommended the other way around - setting up Steam by default and adding PLAYFAB_PAYPAL to the platform defines. There is no need to modify the PlayfabManager script directly for this. You can find a similar approach in this thread, for Google Play & PayPal, but you would use PLAYFAB (Full Suite) instead of PLAYFAB_VALIDATION.

https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/topic/2498/paypal-in-android-and-ios

But, if it works - it works.

When downloading the Steamworks .NET unitypackage from the official github page, the SteamManager script is included in the Scripts > Steamworks .NET folder. You could have missed it when importing the package.