Issues with the iOS version



  • Hi,

    I'm having issues with the iOS version.

    Everything works on Google Play and is live. But when I build the game update to my iPad with xCode and do a test purchase, it's not going forward and gets stuck.

    • I have updated to latest Unity IAP 2.0.0 with the Unity Services window.
    • I have upgraded to the latest SIS 4.3.5 on the Asset Store.
    • I have the latest xCode 11.7 and iPad has the latest 13.7 version.

    I have run out of ideas what to do next, since everything works OK on the Unity Editor and Google Play.

    This is what I see on the xCode log. Any help on what to try or do next?

    2020-09-12 18:23:37.457407+0300 GameEngine[440:31862] UnityIAP: PurchaseProduct: 100coins
    purchase({0}): 100coins
    SIS.IAPItem:Purchase()
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityAction:Invoke()
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1:Invoke(T1, BaseEventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessTouchPress(PointerEventData, Boolean, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessTouchEvents()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
    
    (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
    
    2020-09-12 18:23:39.687434+0300 GameEngine[440:32109] [] tcp_input [C14.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3122729246, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3122729246, snd_una=2663019037
    2020-09-12 18:23:39.687678+0300 GameEngine[440:32109] [] tcp_input [C14.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3122729246, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3122729246, snd_una=2663019037
    -> applicationWillResignActive()
    2020-09-12 18:23:44.724724+0300 GameEngine[440:32112] [] tcp_input [C6.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3922909906, ack=0, win=0 state=LAST_ACK rcv_nxt=3922909906, snd_una=1675531518
    2020-09-12 18:23:44.726919+0300 GameEngine[440:32112] [] tcp_input [C6.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3922909906, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3922909906, snd_una=1675531518
    2020-09-12 18:23:44.727380+0300 GameEngine[440:32112] [] tcp_input [C6.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3922909906, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3922909906, snd_una=1675531518
    2020-09-12 18:23:44.727767+0300 GameEngine[440:32112] [] tcp_input [C6.1:3] flags=[R] seq=3922909906, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3922909906, snd_una=1675531518
    -> applicationDidBecomeActive()
    -> applicationWillResignActive()
    2020-09-12 18:23:57.970011+0300 GameEngine[440:32081] [] tcp_input [C15.1:3] flags=[R] seq=1871331091, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=1871331091, snd_una=3582894499
    2020-09-12 18:23:57.971247+0300 GameEngine[440:32081] [] tcp_input [C15.1:3] flags=[R] seq=1871331091, ack=0, win=0 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=1871331091, snd_una=3582894499
    -> applicationDidBecomeActive()
    


  • Hi,

    unfortunately I could not find any hint in your log either. It seems like the purchase is only initiated. Can you confirm that Unity IAP receives the request from Simple IAP System (via debugging in IAPManager.PurchaseProduct)?

    If so, are you running the build with 'Development Build' enabled for more logs? IOS can fail for various reasons, e.g. not accepting their updated payment terms in iTunes Connect from time to time, or providing a valid bank account etc.

    If the request goes to Unity IAP, it is either within Unity or the iOS backend. I am currently on vacation so I can only offer guidance on what to check or search for.



  • I tried to enable the Development Build but got the same Debug Log.

    I also tried previous version of my game that I updated and send to the App Store month ago. Build it with xCode and everything works on it. But the lastest build still gets stuck for some unknown reason. It's so strange because it's almost identical to the previous update when it comes to IAP. And the fact that everything works on Google Play on the latest version. I'm thinking that maybe if I remove Unity IAP and SIS completely from the game and reinstall everything from scratch, maybe it works.



  • After I tried everything I could think of, I decided to stop. I had to stop all advertising for iOS and instead focus only on developing and advertising the game for Google Play. There was a wall that I simply could not pass.

    A month went by, and I did several releases in Google Play, then I decided to try to get it working for iOS again with the latest version. I didn't change anything for IAP. The only difference, there was a small xCode update not related to the issue. I was 110% sure it's not going to work, and to my great surprise. Everything works again. I got a new update out yesterday, and now the first IAP purchases have been made by users. I still have no clue why it was not working on iOS before. Maybe something on Apple's end. Another day in a game developer's life... :)



  • I'm just glad you got it working, thanks for reporting back. The dev world can be full of mysteries.


Log in to reply