Unity crashes after trying and failing to open Playmaker ecosystem because of tutorial designer? How?

• Hi Elvis, i just wonder what Playmaker is searching in Tutorial Designers folders. That's what i would go look for. And what script exactly causes this issue. So you've said it happens when you open the Ecosystem browser. Is there a .cs file for that or everything packed into dll files?
    Why is Playmaker looking for script outside its own folder? That's what makes me curious.
    Because obviously Tutorial Designer does not cause this issue, but Playmaker does.
    But i will try to recreate this issue and also have a look into it, see if I can find out something.

Best Michael

• I have posted the bug on the forum of playmaker too,
    https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=22355.0

I just tried reinstalling tutorialdesigner to see if that would have any effect,
    now the console throws some new bugs at me:

Assets/TutorialDesigner/Scripts/TutorialEditor.cs(164,61): error CS1061: Type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' does not contain a definition for Text2TMP' and no extension method Text2TMP' of type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TutorialDesigner/Scripts/TutorialEditor.cs(314,53): error CS1061: Type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' does not contain a definition for NeedsTMPUpdate' and no extension method NeedsTMPUpdate' of type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TutorialDesigner/Scripts/TutorialEditor.cs(704,63): error CS1061: Type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' does not contain a definition for NeedsTMPUpdate' and no extension method NeedsTMPUpdate' of type TutorialDesigner.Dialogue' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Perhaps you know what to do with these bugs? These are (after reinstalling everything) the only three bugs left in the console. It is quite possible of course that if I fix these issues the smartlocalisation bug will come back, but it might be worth a try.

I understand too little of how the playmaker ecosystem works (it's all wizardry to me :)

• Some developments: even if I remove the playmaker ecosystem browser the error persists.

Perhaps updating tutorialdesigner and then solving the 3 bugs above will do the job?

• This is not a bug. If you delete the TutorialDesigner folder from your project, you have to check Scripting Define Symbols as well (Project Settings -> Player), and make sure TD_MOD_TMPro is also removed from there:
    e198bb13-2505-4fee-841c-f9070fa423d9-image.png
    It should not be in this textbox anymore. Then the last errors above are gone. And still, as long as we don't know which Playmaker script causes this issue, we will have a difficult time investigating this.

Best Michael

• I removed TD_MOD_TMPro from the scripting define symbols and now the 3 messages are gone.

The old error is back though :/

error CS2001: Source file Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/Internal/ReorderableListResources.cs' could not be found error CS2001: Source file Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/IReorderableListAdaptor.cs' could not be found
    error CS2001: Source file Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/ReorderableListControl.cs' could not be found error CS2001: Source file Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/ReorderableListFlags.cs' could not be found
    error CS2001: Source file `Assets/TutorialDesigner/SmartLocalization/Scripts/Editor/ThirdParty/Rotorz/Reorderable List Field/Editor/SerializedPropertyAdaptor.cs' could not be found

Compilation failed: 5 error(s), 0 warnings

The playmaker ecosystem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the error because if I run the project without it I get the same errors.

The absolutely crazy thing is that I can just find these 3 scripts right at where the error says they should be.

• (just to give it a try) I have removed the folder "ThirdParty" and reimported it from the assetstore, Still the console complains it cannot find these scripts

I have however noticed something really odd going on.
    in the folder: \Assets\TutorialDesigner\SmartLocalization\Scripts\Editor\ThirdParty\Rotorz\Reorderable List Field\Editor\Internal
    there are two scripts right? GUIHelper.cs and ReorderableListResources.cs
    When I rightclick GUIHelper.cs and choose "show in explorer" I am obviously redirected to the folder this script is in (like I should).
    However if I click the other script I get redirected to "my computer" rather then to the same folder.
    So I decided to look at the properties of the file "ReorderableListResources.cs" in the same folder and sure enough the file-path (at least how the properties panel perceives it) looks all messed up!! this is odd because I just deleted and re-imported the file from the assetstore.

This is what the properties pannel says the location of this file is : BAD329~1\Assets\TUTORI~1\SMARTL~1\Scripts\Editor\THIRDP~1\Rotorz\REORDE~1\Editor\Internal

I have never seen something like this before, have you?

• It obviously has something to do with filepath shortening. I am not allowed by windows to change the name of the file because then it is complaining the filename is too long.

But why is it specifically always this folder and even specifically this file in this folder?

• So.... :|

apparantly I've just reached the filepath charachterlimit
    With my way to long folder names and folder structures together with tutorial-designer's deep folder structure I reached the limit.

Really no way to fix that except putting the entire project in a couple of folders before this one

I am so glad I found the culprit,
    I hope I haven't wasted your time too much,
    There's no way I could have guessed this :) I didn't know windows had such a small file-path character limit.

• Oh yeah, the 256 char limit on Windows, really a pain in the ass sometimes :-D
    That's why I didn't have this issue. I mainly work with Mac and Linux. These systems don't have this limit.
    I'm glad you found it, thanks for sticking to it.

Best, Michael

• Thanks again for your time and patience!
    Appreciate it!