Reward coins on watching video ad

• I want to grant a coin bonus when player will watch the rewarded video.

How can I implement it?

I have next row in SIS IAP Settings.

alt text

If I purchase the product then coins are spent, obviously.

Yes, I can get the "price"(bonus) with IAPManager.GetIAPObject(id) and use DBManager.IncreaseFunds(), but what the best practice in this case?

• Please see this existing thread.

https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/topic/1801/code-to-unity-ads-get-free-coins

You would be using DBManager.IncreaseFunds in your "ad watched successfully" callback, there is no need to define a product.

• @Baroni said in Reward coins on watching video ad:

Please see this existing thread.

https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/topic/1801/code-to-unity-ads-get-free-coins

You would be using DBManager.IncreaseFunds in your "ad watched successfully" callback, there is no need to define a product.

Ok, got it.

But It would be more convenient when there is only place to store info about IAPs, coins, bonuses, etc. It's more natively way as I see. It's my feature request.

So I prefer to store my bonuses info in SIS IAP Setting and will use next function to get the price (I needed to investigate your source code to write it because I couldn't find something like that):

private int GetCoinPrice(string id)
            {
                var virtualPrice =
                    IAPManager.GetIAPObject(id)?.virtualPrice;

if (virtualPrice != null)
                {
                    for (int i = 0; i < virtualPrice.Count; i++)
                    {
                        if (string.Equals(
                            virtualPrice[i].name,
                            coinsCurrencyName,
                            StringComparison.Ordinal))
                        {
                            return virtualPrice[i].amount;
                        }
                    }
                }

// Provide Safe Prices if no virtualPrice

if (string.Equals(
                    IAPManager.GetIAPObjectGroupName(id),
                    groupNameBonuses,
                    StringComparison.Ordinal))
                {
                    return 0;
                }
                else
                {
                    return int.MaxValue;
                }
            }

• @andrewio said in Reward coins on watching video ad:

But It would be more convenient when there is only place to store info about IAPs, coins, bonuses, etc.

Simple IAP System is designed to hold in-app purchases. Products or items that can be bought or displayed in a shop. For game specific scenarios we provide a wide range of public methods on the IAPManager, DBManager and ShopManager.

If we take Super Mario as an example, you are basically requesting the ability to add a "coin" or "mushroom" product to the IAP Settings editor. These are not items that exist in a shop, they only exist in your game. If you would add them to the IAP Settings editor, you would need a separate group without container or prefab assigned in any scene. They are something your game needs to handle, not this asset.

This is not going to be added.