Tut Save Points

• Is there a way for a player to pick up where they left off if they leave the tut?

• Well, it does not save all game logic that happened during the Tutorial - like a time lapse function where you can rewind and forward.
    The simplest way would be creating an EventNode with different Checkpoints. Like "Checkpoint 1,2,3,4", and connect them to different states of the tutorial.

When the tutorial starts, you let this EventNode decide where it should jump to. Of course you have to handle all your specific logic that should have been happened until this state. Either by a StepNode - connected to each Checkpoint, or in your start script.

Hope that makes sense.

• May I then request that some kind of player pref "save node" be added to Savepoint so that the tut can see where to skip to when it starts... if after every event I can save the progress, and the player bails, when the TutorialSystem GO next awakes, it can check for player prefs I set up in an array on the TutorialSystem GO ... and if it sees 3 out the 6 have keys, it skips to that first Dialogue_vertikal_TMP after the "save node" marked with the last player pref it sees saved in the list..

• A savegame is dependent on your type of game, and can never be generic. Tutorial Designer cannot know what type of a game you are making. Therefore a save node wouldn't make sense, because you have to define what is happening in a savegame. Of course you can let a StepNode do that, when connected to your own functions.

Saving the progress of the tutorial would be possible, but it cannot include the progress you made in your game, because it doesn't know anything about your game. It does however write to PlayerPrefs if the Tutorial was made or not. So it is possible to skip it next time, when you start the game.

• @Migoun said in Tut Save Points:

A savegame is dependent on your type of game, and can never be generic. Tutorial Designer cannot know what type of a game you are making. Therefore a save node wouldn't make sense, because you have to define what is happening in a savegame. Of course you can let a StepNode do that, when connected to your own functions.

Saving the progress of the tutorial would be possible, but it cannot include the progress you made in your game, because it doesn't know anything about your game. It does however write to PlayerPrefs if the Tutorial was made or not. So it is possible to skip it next time, when you start the game.

I understand what you are saying about a saved game... but if the game checks for the same player prefs as the proposed "save node".. it could adjust appropriately so everything lines up