Trying to set 2 currencies in the IAP settings

• Hi there, I bought the Simple IAP System a few days ago.
    I have 2 currencies:

• Amber: can be obtained only through real money.
    • Acorns: can be obtained through spending Amber.

And I have a few other items that can be purchases using Acorns.

I am a little confused about the "Selected Currency" drop down menu in the UI. When selecting Amber, all the products change to Amber, and when I select Acorns, all the products change to acorns as well.
    The documentation states that the Price textbox should be populated with a string (ie. $10) for real money, and with an integer (ie. 10) for in game currency. I do not seem to find how to specify that the Acorns cost 10 Ambers.

I read all the documentation, but I could not find how to properly setup 2 or more dependent currencies. Any help much appreciated!

• Hi, thanks for joining the forums.

The currency dropdown in the IAP Settings editor changes the current currency selection. It's not like if you select one currency, the other one is overridden - this is not the case, the dropdown is only for display purposes.

The Cost/Earnings field in the IAP Editor can be negative, effectively granting currency rather than substracting it. In your case, add a "Virtual" product, set currency1 to a positive amount and currency2 to a negative amount. Buying this product will effectively grant currency2 by decreasing currency1.

The price string is not related to this: you can have any value or word there, which is presented on the buy button as information only. Also when using multiple currencies, you do not need to have a price string for each currency on the IAPItem prefab, just leave the Text references empty if you don't want to display a specific currency price.

Reference post:
    https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/post/10392

• Hi,
    Thank you for great asset.

I have some problem can you explain how to set currency1 to a positive amount and currency2 to a negative amount.
    i don't know how or from where to set Two currency's to buy product.
    alt text

And can I set multiple currency's Three or more to buy one product?
    Thanks

• @habeeb23 In your screenshot, you created a virtual consumable product with a negative price of 500 coins. This means it adds 500 coins.

Since you want to convert "coins" to "gold" the amount of coins reduced should be positive (+500). Then switch to the gold currency via the dropdown at the top. The display of all currencies changes to gold. Enter "-1000" in order to add 1000 gold (minus plus minus is positive).

@habeeb22 said in Trying to set 2 currencies in the IAP settings:

And can I set multiple currency's Three or more to buy one product?

Yes.

• Thank you a lot Baroni.
    Worked like a charm.