Having trouble disabling tutorial.

• I have created a tutorial that runs in my first scene, and I would like the tutorial to be optional.  I am having trouble finding a way to disable the tutorial.  I don't want this to be a "one-time tutorial" necessarily, I would like the user to be able to decide whether or not to run the tutorial and even have the option to run it more than once.

I have tried both options described in Section 9.1 of the Documentation.  Neither of these disables the tutorial.  I have tried adding a 5 second delay in case TutorialDesigner had not fully loaded.  This did not make a difference.

The only way I have tried that somewhat works it to disable the TutorialCanvas object which "hides" the tutorial although its state machine is actually still running.  I could have issues with this approach because I have actions within some of my step nodes and don't want those to execute when the tutorial is turned off.

Could you please advise how to make an optional tutorial?

Thanks,
    Brion

• Hi Sarachan,

sorry for the late response. Holidays etc... You can simply disable the TutorialSystem gameobject in the hierarchy.

Or if that's not an option for you, you can put in an Event node, waiting for: "Player clicks tutorial". Which will start it and otherwise do nothing.

I hope that helps,
    Best Michael

• Thanks, Michael.  I ended up doing something very similar to your second suggestion:  Starting with an Event node that either runs the tutorial is skips it.