Using TextMesh Pro

• I'm using TextMesh Pro throughout my project.  I'm wondering how difficult it would be for me to convert this system to use that for dialogs and buttons.  I'm starting to pick through the code now but want to make certain I don't miss anything.

Thanks!

• I've been able to implement this in the most rudimentary of ways.  It involved a bit of alteration to the text components in dialogue.cs and StepNodeEditor.cs.  Not that much actually.  It also involved altering the prefabs to use TMPro components instead of text components.  There are a few things I can't do, like choose a font or edit the font material or color.  At least not yet.  But, given that those things don't tend to change, it seems like a minor drawback to having TMPro text actually in the designer and functioning.

Any plans to implement TMPro into this, especially now that it is free and part of Unity?  I think it could be a selling point, especially given the power of system.  I'm just not sure how you would go about using both standard Text components and TMPro components and letting a user choose which they would like to use.

If you're interested in the changes I made to get this going, just let me know.

Alan

• Hi Alan,

i'm glad you solved it. Yes since this will be a replacement for the existing Text components, i have to give it a shot.  Thanks a lot for this tip! I think this is a well improvement.

Best,
    Michael

• For the record, the current version 1.3 has support for Text Mesh Pro

Best, Michael