Dialogue language

• Hi,

My game has more than 1 language, how can I show different dialogueText based on the current language?

Thanks

• Hi,

Multi-Language is currently under development, it will be available soon.
    There is a free Asset, called "Smart Localization" for Unity. That would be the best way to integrate Multi-Language.

You could Replace the Text in the Dialogues Text-Components. Sure, it would be an inconvenient work to do at this point. It will be easier when the update is finished.

Thank you.

Best, Michael

• Thanks Michael,

Do you have any estimation for the update?

Also, could you post an example of how to alter the dialogue text component please?

Thanks
    Mat

• Hi Mat,

one update with some new features will be released tonight, Version 1.1
    Release Notes: /forum/forum/topic/1890/

The Multi-Language feature is estimated by Version 1.2, which will be released at the end of the month.

Dialogue Text is basically found at the corresponding Dialogue Object:
    https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/images/dialogueObject.png

The string is included in the Text-Component:
    https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/images/dialogueTextComponent.png

That Text-string however is not dynamic. That means scripting is needed to change that, according to the ID's of Smart Localization's LanguageManager: http://www.janetech.co/blog/2014/9/16/getting-started-with-smart-localization-2x
    I'm sorry I can't give you a serious recommendation for programming this feature by yourself, because this feature will come out with Version 1.2. Sorry for the delay.

Best, Michael

• Thanks Michael,

You were very helpful.

Regards,
    Mat

• Hi,

With your latest update now I can have multiple languages, what is great.

I just don't seem to figure out how to change the language during run time.

As an example, the following code does not change the dialogue language:

LanguageManager.Instance.ChangeLanguage("pt-PT");

• Hi,

that's right. You cannot change the language by LanguageManager.Instance because there is no Instance of this Object. Tutorial Designer handles the languages by Editor Code. You don't need an Instance during Runtime.

But i like your idea, it makes sense to change it during Runtime. The only way to do that is by creating an Instance and take the Dialogue texts from there. I'm going to put that on my list for the next minor update. Thanks!

Michael

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, so how am I suppose to change the dialogue language? My game has multiple languages, and I select the game language based on user's mobile phone language at runtime.

Thanks.

• Sorry I wasn't clear on this, changing the Dialogues languages of the Step Nodes (at Runtime) is a requested feature at this point. I'm going to implement that soon. Until then, I'm afraid you have to create a different version for a desired language.

• Thanks Migoun,

This is the only missing feature before I can give you a 5 start rating ;)

• I hope so  :D
    I'll let you know as soon as it's available! Thx.

Michael

• Hi mateusbello,

Language Changes during runtime are now possible, natively by SmartLocalization. Example:
    LanguageManager.Instance.ChangeLanguage("en");

Best, Michael

• That is awesome news :)

I'm going to give it a try. Thanks a million!