NullReferenceException when using other animations

• Hi
    I'm am having a bit of trouble getting animations to work correctly on the prefabs, I've added all the components and they do spawn and move in the game, yet no animation. I get the error:

NullReferenceException: GetRef
    Properties+<OnSpawn>c__Iterator6.MoveNext () (at Assets/imported/3D Tower Defense Starter Kit/Scripts/Enemy/Properties.cs:85)

I've tried with two different bought assets, and I've thoroughly checked that my prefabs have the same settings as the standard ones, so I'm probably missing something else.

Any ideas? :)

• Hi Doomberg,

welcome to the forum!

Line 85 in Properties.cs refers to:
    anim[walkAnim.name].time = Random.Range(0f, anim[walkAnim.name].length);

Since that line is only being called if walkAnim is not null, the only possible cause for the NullReferenceException is the anim variable. Did you attach an (old-school) Animation component to your prefab and dragged in your animations, as seen on the sample ones (peasant, knight, etc.)?

• Thanks for the welcome and your reply :)

Yes, I've added the animation component to a child object, in the same manner as the standard assets.
    I also tried adding it to the parent, but got the same result. When I use your animations on the models, I don't get the NullReferenceException, could the fault be with the animations even though I've tried two different assets?

Here's a picture of the animation component.
    http://s1.postimg.org/benns94f3/screentwo.jpg

• Thanks for the screenshot. What I can see immediately is that the layer should be "Enemies", not "WorldLimit".

I guess this doesn't cause the exception though. Could you please send me your model+prefab via email, so I can try to set it up for you?

• Alright, I'll change the layer :) And yes, that'd be great. I'll just upload it. Can I send it somewhere private, just so I don't share it publicly?

• My email address is on the last page in the documentation pdf, or on the bottom of our website.

• Alright, I've sent you an email :)

• Solved by setting the model rig & animation clips to legacy.