NGUI Support

• Hi, I just purchaed this asset. It's really amazing! I found that the latest version has removed NGUI. But I am still using NGUI in my project.
    Is there a convenient way that I can reuse NGUI?

• Hi there,

you don't have to update and can use the older version which includes support for NGUI.

If you experience compiler errors for billing plugins (Unibill, Stans Assets etc.) which are potentially fixed in newer versions but you still want to use NGUI, please send me your invoice no. via email and I'll try to send you the updated scripts manually.

Support for NGUI has been dropped because it is too much of a hassle to maintain and release bigger updates at the same time.

• Same problem for me...
    I updated sis to the last version and now i can't use my ngui prefab...
    how can i re to the previous sis version??

this is so sad...i bought SIS cause his support to NGUI, and now it's removed

• Please send me your invoice no. via email.

• where can i find this "invoice no." and your email? thank you

EDIT: ok i suppose u mean invoice number of the transaction when i bought the asset...found it : )

i have to send it to rebound games support or do you have a personal mail?

thanks, i really need to reintegrate the previous version with ngui support

• Yes it's the support email, info [at] rebound-games [dot] com.

Note: Support for NGUI has been discontinued for new users. Existing users can send me their invoice no.

• Hello, even this thread is old :) still want to ask similar question:
    is there any way to use latest Simple IAP with latest NGUI asset?
    I'm using NGUI in my game(s) and really love Simple IAP!
    What are my options?

• Hello and welcome,

unfortunately support for NGUI has been dropped nearly 3 years ago, so we don't even maintain a version that contains it anymore.

Introducing support means that you need to change the UI components on the IAPItem script, which is the visual representation of your products. The example scenes coming with SIS use some layout components from Unity UI as well, so you basically can't use them at all and have to create your own shop scene.

Besides that, callbacks and underlying functionality would work the same. Since it actually is a very different implementation component wise, I hope you understand that I cannot provide additional support for this (3rd party asset).

• Ok, thanks for answering!

I do understand that there is no NGUI support, but:
    is it possible in general to re-make visual part of Unity's UI in your asset and replace it with NGUI's? some parts are rather complex I made in my NGUI shop, not sure I can reproduce them same way in UI, etc but I really like functionality in Simple IAP :)

I believe I can re-design assets prefabs as long as it technically possible (hopefully without destroying underlying callbaks, etc), besides you mentioned that 'callbacks and underlying functionality would work the same'..
    what kind of difficulties I would be facing if I choose to try NGUI visuals?

• Sure. As I wrote, the IAPItem script would need adjustments in code. Your IAPItem prefabs then obviously need to be done using NGUI as well - the Button components on it have callbacks to actions linked too, so don't forget to take a look at them too.

Other than that, I cannot imagine any complications out of my mind. Instantiation of the IAPItems via the ShopManager -should- work the same.

• That sounds great! )
    I'll give it a try, I've been using Simple IAP while it had NGUI support and I know how those prefabs works, scripts, etc
    I also worked with Unity's UI, so I understand what and how shall be changed.
    Thanks again, have a great day!

One more question.. there is no such example in Demo scenes, but as I saw it is possible to use a mix of Virtual and Real currency in the same Prefabs group, correct?
    e.g. if I want that some Items in same group can be purchased with Virtual while one-two for real money.

• Real currency prefabs use different variables than Virtual currency prefabs, so using the same prefab (and thus group) for both types does not work.

However, you can assign the same container for both groups in the IAP Settings editor, which means they get parented to the same transform anyway.

Thanks and good luck!

• Hello again,
    after testing a bit more UI flow in Simple IAP I see that some scripts must be also changed for NGUI visualization, which will make more difficult for me to update your asset in the future..

I came to conclusion that I will use Unity's UI as it is in the Simple IAP in my main Shop scene, but I still want to have and use another scene(s) where I have NGUI visuals. I think the easiest solution for me would be simply to use 'ProductPurchaseButton.cs' script attached to 'Buy button' where needed, as described here. I already tested this way and it does what it supposed to.

Few questions (let's call "ProductPurchaseButton" script as PPB):
    (1) is it enough using PPB at 'Buy button' for proper order-purchase(or cancel) Item, or do I still need to use more functions from "IAPItem" script? or perhaps the whole script, adapted for my needs in my own Prefab? I need, for instance enable 'play button' in case of successful purchase.

(2) does PPB script handles both virtual and real currencies purchases?

(3) 'Restore button' will be available in the main Shop scene. Is it enough for restoring ALL items described in the IAP settings?

• Hey,

1 & 2: What this script does is just calling IAPManager.PurchaseProduct manually, which is enough to initiate purchases. Although the included IAPItem prefabs have more visual functionality, they basically do the same. Since IAPManager.PurchaseProduct is accepting a productId as an argument, it does not distinguish between virtual or real money purchase and can be used for both.

3: Yes.

• Hello again,
    have few questions about IAP after testing more last month:

1. 'Restore button': when I launch scene with Shop 'restore button' simply disappear ?
      Is it normal or did I change something to cause this?

2. After many hours of trying to 'reverse ingeneering' from UI to NGUI I give up :( ..
      It seems logical that it can be done since you went from NGUI to UI, but it just soo many things to change/edit, and at the end it just doesn't work as it did few years ago, pity.. Particularly 'UITable' script doesn't make a nice row of elements like "GridLayout + IAPContainer", I get all Items instanceated from IAP settings, but they all appear at the same x-coord?

3. I also did use the original UI scene (Horizontal with Tabs), and redesigned after my needs. It worked well, but when I test on Android, for instance, I get weird thing happens:
      I have 4 different scenes and I switch/jump between them naturally, but when I get back to Shop scene -> the IAP's scroller doesn't work anymore!
      This is not the case if I test all in Unity. Any ideas what could cause this?

• Hello,

1. Please have a look at the UIButtonRestore script, or at the documentation pdf, page 4.

On platforms where transactions do not need to be restored, the component automatically disables itself.

1. Unfortunately I cannot provide support for NGUI or your own modifications.

2. I'm not sure what you did, so I can't help here either. I haven't heard of the scroller 'magically' not working anymore. Depending on what actually "does not work", you should try to debug the root cause by reacting to any touch events for example, and figure out where stuff stops working.