- Unibill: updated compatibility to latest version
- DBManager: for upgrades, GetAllPurchased only returns the last one
This is a maintenance release to get the newer Unibill versions up and running again. Also note that for all packages, if you check for purchases manually by using GetAllPurchased and use upgradeable products, starting from this version only the last product in the chain will be returned. E.g. if speed 1-3 are bought, only speed 3 is returned.
- All billing plugins: updated to support latest versions
- Project: now compiles for webplayer platform too, but billing is
still not supported on webplayers due to missing billing functionality
- Project: removed NGUI-compatible package, as it is no longer supported
Maintenance update in preparation for future release - no need to update for existing users.
- Project: You can now use virtual currency & products of Simple IAP System without billing plugin. Without billing, purchases for real money are deactivated. This is for developers who would like to use the shop system & currency, but don't want to charge their users.
- Cross Platform Native (VoxelBuster) plugins are now supported!
- Stans Assets: updated compatibility to latest versions
- OpenIAB: added receipt verification functionality for iOS
- verification php time check fix on Android subscriptions
- smaller updates on docs (FAQ section on forums, links, etc.)
THIS VERSION IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE
- Unity 5.3+: Unity IAP billing plugin is now supported!
- unified IAP Settings editor for all products in one view
- IAP Settings editor window can be resized
- API: combined purchase methods into PurchaseProduct(string id)
- added IAPListener script to the IAPManager main transform
- debug messages are enabled for Development Builds only
- renamed UIPanelStretch script for containers to IAPContainer
- containers need to be IAPContainer scripts, not transforms
- replaced confirmation checkmark on purchase with "OK" text
- shop scenes scale with screen size (instead of pixel-perfect)
- renamed prefabs to not include spaces (IAPManager, ShopManager)
- fixed GetIAPUpgrade NR exception to throw a more detailed error
- fixed OutOfIndexException when deleting the last virtual currency
- Stans Assets: fixed duplicated IAPs exception in native settings
- Stans Assets: fixed product prices not using the localized string
- Voxel Busters: fixed NR exception when buying already owned items
- updated SmartLocalization support to latest version
Check our roadmap for features and requests! https://goo.gl/HONgk0
- Please take a screenshot of your virtual items in the IAP Editor
before upgrading, as you will have to reenter them in the new view.
Clear the database on the first game launch (AllSelection scene).
Also carefully read the changelog for API and structural changes.
If you are using OpenIAB/Unibill, upgrade to Unity 5.3 and Unity IAP.
- fixed bug not recognizing virtual non-consumable purchases
- got rid of warnings about obsolete methods for Unity 5.3+
New video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NorLwPpcBh0
- fixed 'restore' product trying to load on App Stores
- Voxel Busters: updated compatibility to version 1.3
- Unity IAP: removed deprecated WinStore warning (in Editor)
- Unity IAP: added Amazon App Store support.
- Unity IAP: added client-side receipt verification validator script, see documentation PDF on how to use it on the IAPManager prefab.
- All packages: removed server-side receipt verification. This will be replaced by a more versatile component system in the future.
- IAPEditor: hotfix for Unity entering a loop when saving IAPManager. This is valid for Unity versions 5.3.4p6 and above.
(forgot to post this here)
- Unity IAP: added Samsung Galaxy Apps Store support.
- All packages: added stripping of empty spaces in product ids.
- All packages: updated API to most recent versions.
- All packages: added clear database editor helper under Window > SIS
- All packages: added Unity 5.4+ overload for OnLevelWasLoaded
- All packages: added Camera to scenes to avoid "no rendering" message
- Unity IAP: added validation #ifdef to avoid compile errors on WinStore
- Unity IAP: fixed MiniJson conflicts on WinStore System.Object.Type
- Unity IAP: removed inventoryRequestFailedEvent because it is not used
- All packages: moved all scripts to the SIS namespace
- Prime31, StansAssets: updated to incorporate latest API changes
LAST VERSION FOR UNITY 4.x
- All packages: added JSON export/import of IAP Settings editor
- UnityIAP: fixed iOS platform overrides not being recognized
- StansAssets: updated to incorporate latest API changes
- Voxel Busters: potentially fixed initialization error in the editor
- NEW STORES: Facebook (Unity IAP), Oculus (Rift & GearVR), PayPal
(via PlayFab). See the store guides on our forums for instructions.
- added VR example scene (VerticalVR) for in-game purchasing on Oculus
- PlayFab integration brings cloud sync support for online games:
memory only mode, meaning no IAP data is stored on the device.
This requires an active internet connection at all times!
- added server side receipt validation using PlayFab: "lite" mode
supports validation only (no other PlayFab features required)
- added automatic tracking of consumable products in PlayerData
- added usageCount for consumable products to define custom use count
- added currency product type that adds the defined amount on purchase
- added ShowDatabaseEditor for displaying currently stored player data
- added possibility of "standalone" IAPItem without using shop prefabs:
you can drag an IAPItem in the scene and give it a productId manually
- rewrote shop item updating to be more performant, adding automatic
shop updating e.g. for single-scene apps with shop in background
- replaced downloadable RemoteConfig with PlayFab's item catalog:
introduce product sales without app update, works on all platforms
- replaced 'restore' product with separate button in each shop scene:
there is a new 'Button - Restore' prefab and UIButtonRestore script
- fixed ClearDatabaseEditor not working without entering runtime
- fixed shop items duplicating with IAPManager & ShopManager in scene
- renaming of some DBManager methods for consistency
- restructure of billing plugins: all plugins are written on top of
Unity IAP - therefore Unity IAP is now a required plugin. No more
separate billing plugin packages to import, this is being handled
with platform defines instead, allowing for several combinations
of billing plugins on different platforms.
- removed support for SmartLocalization as it has been abandoned
- removed support for Prime31 billing plugins
- minimum required Unity version: 5.6.x
- Export your products in the IAP Settings Editor before upgrading. Re-check your currency products for the new currency type and also your platform overrides since their format has changed.
Remove any custom code that can now be handled with the currency type (adding currency on purchase) and usage (adding PlayerData on purchase).
Detailed release notes:
- Restructure of our Plugin Setup window to make the installation process more easy. You do not need to import any other billing packages anymore. Instead, choose the store you would like to use per platform and the correct store defines will be added to your Scripting Define Symbols. You still have to uncheck our IAPListener script (if you did changes there) and IAPManager prefab when upgrading to keep your changes though!
- We now fully support Facebook payments with Unity IAP, when selecting the Facebook build platform available on Unity 5.6 and above.
- We've also added Oculus as a new store implementation, supporting in-app purchases in VR for both Rift and GearVR. The example scene VerticalVR has been added to showcase the implementation (when running the VR example you still have to start from the AllSelection scene, the VR scene is then loaded automatically). You can choose the Oculus platform in our new Plugin Setup window.
- PayPal payments have been added to Standalone & WebGL build targets as a new store, available when integrating PlayFab (see below).
- Adding PlayFab to your app brings support for player management, receipt validation on iOS & Android as well as cloud save. The implementation for PlayFab is not fully done yet, as the more advanced features will be implemented in two additional phases. Please see our seperate PlayFab integration guide for details on current limitations and supported features.
- Removed our own remote config feature (for updating virtual IAP prices without requiring an app update) and replaced it with PlayFab's item catalog. This means when using PlayFab, and enabling "Fetch" for virtual products in the IAP Settings editor, the current price will get fetched directly from PlayFab's dashboard.
- Simple IAP System now tracks consumable products automatically (in PlayerData). You can define the amount that should be granted when buying the product in the IAP Settings editor: a new variable, usage count, has been introduced there. For example, you could grant the player 3 "bullets" when purchasing the "bullets" product. You can then query the current amount of bullets like usual, via DBManager.GetPlayerData("bullets").AsInt. Make sure to remove your custom code granting these things to avoid duplicates. This works for both virtual and real-money consumables. If the usage count is set to 0, it is assumed that the product gets consumed immediately, so in that case the usage is not tracked.
- Currency is now added automatically when purchasing a product of type "Currency". You can define the amount of currency that should be added in the Cost/Earnings field in the IAP Settings editor. Make sure to remove your custom code granting these things to avoid duplicates.
- Show Database editor added under Window > Simple IAP System > Show Database. In order to support the features above, the internal database format has changed for in app purchase entries from booleans (i.e. no_ads = true) to integer counts (no_ads = 1). Your data will be upgraded to the new format automatically. Player data is not affected.
- IAPItem prefabs can now also be standalone items in the scene, not instantiated by a ShopManager. For this reason, the product id on the IAPItem component was exposed - drag your IAPItem prefab in the scene and overwrite the product id (do not do this on the prefab!). The ShopManager prefab still needs to be in the scene though, for updating the IAPItem with the correct purchase state. Standalone IAPItems can be useful in very customized UIs, or if you only need one or two of them placed manually. Fetching and displaying localized details on the IAPItem works like it would have been instantiated as usual.
- A restore product is no longer needed - please remove it in your IAP Settings editor. Instead, we've added the UIButtonRestore script, that can be added to any UI button in the scene. This script automatically disables itself on non-supported platforms, i.e. where restoring transactions is not necessary. The restore button has also been added to all sample scenes for you to check out.
- NEW STORES: Facebook (Unity IAP), Oculus (Rift & GearVR), PayPal
- added VRGraphicRaycaster script for fixing Unity VR UI raycasting
- added isPurchased method to DBManager for backwards compatibility
- fixed ReceiptValidatorClient script throwing errors without tangles
(added comment blocks again, which you have to remove before using it)
- Unity 2017.2+ compatibility (incorporated namespace changes)
- added support for Steam game IAPs: see the guide on our forums
- added shop message when trying to purchase but billing init failed
- removed support for Tizen since Unity stopped supporting it
- added native Steam IAP support via Steam Inventory Service
- readded OculusStore class (went missing in previous version)
- added group collapse/expand in IAP Settings editor for performance
- added product foldout coloring if there are platform overrides for it
- added ShopManager.RefreshGroup convenience method for more control
- fixed NRE when getting items from PlayFab without VirtualCurrencyPrice
Baroni last edited by Baroni
- added functionality for option "Validation Only" when using PayPal
- added Unity IAP Status checks in Plugin Setup window
- added SIS_IAP defines for using Unity IAP on specific platforms only
- updated Getting Started section in documentation
- fixed double PlayFab login call when running on non-mobile platforms
- Unity 2019.1+ compatibility
- minimum required Unity version: 2017.3.0
Upgrade notes: make sure to run the Plugin Setup again.
Baroni last edited by Baroni
- added checkbox on the IAPManager to allow for manual initialization
- added fetching product data and price from PlayFab on PayPal & Steam
- fixed missing API error on PlayFab's JSONWrapper replacement
- fixed granting currency locally too when using PlayFab Bundles
- fixed PayPal internal order ID could go lost when switching scenes
- fixed ignoring Unity IAP fake data on shop items when in test mode